WorkKeys Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How long does it take to complete a job profile?
Answer: It depends on the number of skills used in the profiling session. However, profiling the three core skills of Reading for Information, Applied Mathematics, and Locating Information takes approximately five to six hours.
- How many workers does the job profiling process require?
Answer: A rule-of-thumb is to have six to eight workers, or a minimum of ten percent of the workers for a specific job.
- Can the workers participate at separate times for the job profiling session?
Answer: No, all participating workers need to be present at the same time.
- Can supervisors and administrators participate in the job profiling session?
Answer: No, the job profiling session requires feedback from those who actually perform the job.
- How is proprietary information handled?
Answer: All company information is respected and is considered confidential.
- How long does it take to complete an assessment?
Answer: It takes forty-five to fifty-five minutes to complete an assessment.
- How many assessments should be taken on any given day?
Answer: It is recommended you take no more than three assessments in any given day.
- How are assessments administered?
Answer: Two methods are available; paper and pencil or web/Internet based.
- How quickly can I get my results?
Answer: Your results can be produced in minutes with web/internet-based and 24 to 48 hours for paper and pencil assessments.
- Is it expensive to take the WorkKeys assessments?
Answer: No, cost for the three basic assessments is comparable to that charged for the more familiar ACT college entrance exams. Contact the Workforce Group for specific pricing.